Here are some basic troubleshooting you may want to try before proceeding with resetting your frame:
- Check the frame's adapter if there is a green light on.
- Disconnect the frame from the adapter, then plug it back to see if it will also turn back on.
- Change the battery of the remote.
- Plug it in a different outlet.
- Power cycle frame without the USB (Applicable to certain models only).
- Remove any memory cards from the frame for about 10 minutes.
- Pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds will reset the device.
RESET THE FRAME
First, you need to UNPAIR YOUR FRAME
- Turn on the frame.
- Login to your Nixplay Account.
- Go to ‘Frames’ tab then select your frame.
- Scroll down to Playlist Settings and to the lower right side, click ‘Unpair this Frame.’
After unpairing the frame, you may begin RESETTING YOUR FRAME
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the frame.
- Connect/plug the AC Adapter back in.
- Press and hold the reset button (in the pinhole) beside the SD card slot at the back or side of the frame. You may need to use a paperclip or a push pin.
- For Nixplay Original frame models - W08A, W012A, W15A and W18A, the reset button is located below the power plugin.
- For Nixplay Edge frame models – W08C and W13A, the reset button is located above the SD card port.
- For Nixplay Seed frame models – W07A, W08D and W10A, the reset button is at the left side of the frame, near the sensors.
- For Iris frame models, it is at the left side of the frame, near the light sensor.
- Continue to press and hold the reset button (do not let go).While pressing the button, connect the power adapter cord back to the frame and this should turn it on. Be patient as the progress bar may take a few minutes to load.
- Once you see a red rectangle with a blue progress bar inside, you may now let go of the reset button. For other frames, a screen with a clock and set of gears will appear when resetting the frame.
- Connect the frame to your WIFI connection and wait for the 16-digit serial number to show up, then write it down.
Now, you need to PAIR YOUR FRAME back
- Log in to your Nixplay account.
- Go to ‘Frames’ tab then select ‘Pair New Frame.’
- Enter your frame’s 16-digit serial number then follow the next steps.
After the frame has been paired, you may PUT THE PLAYLIST BACK TO THE FRAME (Publish).
Go to the ‘Playlists’ tab and drag the playlist to your selected frame and click ‘Publish’ to save the changes.
NOTE: In some cases, doing the reset more than once fixes the issue.
CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Our customer support team would be happy to assist your further if RESETTING did not work for you.
Provide the following :
1) Your Order Number
2) The model of the frame (Log in to Nixplay.com. Go to the 'Frames' tab)
3) A detailed description of the problem.
RELATED ARTICLE: ONE KEY RESET (OKR), END USER PROCESS