So you just got a NIX Digital Photo Frame. Congratulations! Now, how can you make sure your photos are the best size for viewing?
First, you should check if your images are saved as JPEG(.jpg). You should also make sure your photos have the same pixel resolution as your frame.
Let's use as an example the X15D Digital Photo Frame. You want all your photos to be displayed optimally on the frame without being distorted, stretched, or cropped.
The pixel resolution of the X15D Frame is 1024 x 768 pixels. This is the preferred setting for optimal image quality. Once you know your frame's pixel resolution, it's going to be easier to resize and save your images as JPEG.
How To Use FastStone
1. After downloading and installing FastStone, open the program to see this window. Make sure that you are on the 'Batch convert' tab on the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Find the folder where your photos are located by clicking the '...' button on the program's toolbar. A pop-up will appear, and you should be able to locate where you saved the photos you wanted to edit.
3. After locating your photos, click the 'Add all' button to start converting them. Your image files will appear on the right side of the window, ready for editing.
4. Make sure that the Output Format is 'JPEG Format (*.jpg)'
5. Choose the output folder where you want to store your re-saved photos. Click 'Browse' to find and select the folder or device you will save them to.
6. To change the resolution settings, select the 'Use Advanced Options ( Resize ... ) option, then click on the 'Advanced Options' button. A pop-up window will appear. Follow these steps carefully:
- Click on the 'Resize' tab. Make sure the 'In Pixels' option is selected.
- In the 'New Width' field, type '800'. For 'New Height', type '600'.
- Make sure that 'Switch Width and Height to match long side' is selected.
- Make sure that 'Preserve Aspect Ratio' is selected.
- Click 'OK' to close the pop-up window.
7. You should now be back on the main screen. Look at the 'Rename' option: If you do not want to rename the photos, you need to deselect this box.
8. Click on the 'Convert' button. A screen showing the processing of your photos should appear, showing the difference between the old size and the new size. The conversion process might take a while depending on how many photos you're converting.
9. When the conversion is 100% completed, click on 'Done'. You can see the converted photos by selecting 'Open Containing Folder'.