This article also answers the questions:
- How can I perform a factory re-set on my Nixplay frame?
- How can I unpair my Nixplay frame?
- How can I swipe all personalised settings and content from my Nixplay frame?
Please note that video guides for performing a factory re-set can be found here.
A factory reset will only work successfully if your frame is unpaired from your account.
To Unpair your frame:
- Log in to your Nixplay Account via www.nixplay.com or via your mobile Nixplay App
- Go to "Frames" and select the frame that you would like to unpair from your account.
- Scroll down to Playlist Settings and to the lower right side, click ‘Unpair this Frame.’
- Enter the same Password you used in your Nixplay Account, then click "Yes".
To reset the frame to original factory settings:
- You need to have a paper clip to hand.
- Unplug the AC Adapter from the frame.
- Using a paperclip, press and hold the reset switch button inside a small hole, location noted below based on model. (Please do not use a push pin as it can damage the switch.
For Nixplay Original Frame models - W08A, W012A, W18A, the reset button is located in the hole below the power plugin.
For Nixplay Edge Frame models - W08C and W13A, the reset button is located in the hole above the SD card port.
For Nixplay Seed Frame models - W07A, W08D and W10A, the reset button is in the hole at the left side of the Frame, near the sensor.
For Nixplay Iris Frame models, it is inside the hole on the side of the frame near the clear raised light sensor.
- While pressing and holding the reset button (you should be able to feel a click), plug the AC Adapter back in. (Please do not let go of the reset switch button) On the frame screen, once you see a red rectangle with a blue progress bar inside, you may now let go of the reset switch button. (For other frames, a clock and set of gears will appear when resetting the frame.)
- Please be patient as it takes a few minutes to load displaying a blue loading bar, it may get delayed about half-way and that's normal.
- After the update, you will be asked to connect the frame to your WIFI connection. Once the frame is connected to the WiFi, the serial number will show up on the screen.
- After re-setting the frame, you will need to pair it again. While the frame displays the Serial Number: Log in to your Nixplay Account.
- Go to Frames Tab then select "Pair New Frame". Enter your 16-digit Serial Number then proceed with the next steps provided on the Nixplay Web App or Mobile App.