There may be times that you wish to connect your Nixplay WiFi Cloud Frame to a public wifi network (Hotspot) found in hotel lobbies or coffee shops.
You may do so by doing the same process you usually do when connecting your Frame to a private network.
To do this, first, make sure you have plugged the power cable in to a power source and second, ensure that you have the login credentials to join the network.
- Let the Frame load up its systems.
- Once the Frame displays the Welcome screen, press the Play to continue.
- The Frame will begin searching for available WiFi networks.
- Once available WiFi Networks are displayed on the screen, select the public WiFi network you wish to connect to.
- Wait for the Frame to connect to the selected public WiFi network.
- Once connected, the screen will show that the Frame is successfully connected to the network by displaying a "Check" icon on the WiFi symbol.
- A pop-up display will tell you that a WiFi hotspot requires web authentication.
Note: Depending on the strength of the network signal, the pop-up might take a while to
display itself. Please wait.
- The Frame will show the Hotspot Login Browser.
Note: Depending on the strength of the network signal, the login browser might take a
while to show up. Please be patient.
- Once the connection is established, a captive portal will show on the screen asking for your log-in credentials.
- Using your remote, you may now key in your login credentials to get connected to the public WiFi network.
Note: Actual appearance of the login browser or captive portal might vary. The Frame might not show parts or portion of the browser. However, as long as you may navigate using the arrow keys in your remote to the login fields, everything is fine.