This article also provides answers to the questions:
- Why are some of my photos not showing on my NIX?
- What file format and dimensions are best supported by NIX photo frames?
- What tools can I use to bulk edit my photos to match these minimum requirements?
For an optimised viewing experience on your NIX, we recommend:
- Re-sizing your photos to better match the aspect ratio of your frame: if the aspect ratio of your frame is 4:3, the best dimensions of your images should be 800 width x 600 height pixels. For a 16:9 frame, the best dimensions are 1,280 width x 720 height pixels.
- Optimising the file size of each photo file to ensure speedy playback
- Ensuring that each photo is saved in JPEG file format only.
If you have a large number of photos that you’d like to resize simultaneously (or in batches), we recommend using:
- The batch process function in Photoshop
- For PC users, Faststone.org, a free online tool for resizing photos
- For Mac users, iPhoto