Nixplay Mobile App for iOS (iPhone and iPad)
You may download this version v2.4.0 from iTunes Store or App Store. Just search for Nixplay
Click here to see the details to download.
The Nixplay Mobile App allows you to:
- Send photos directly to a Nixplay WiFi Cloud Frame
- Upload photos from your phone’s Camera or Gallery.
- Add Captions to the photos even before uploading.
- Add Friends and share photos with them.
- Emailing photos still works and adding friends is the path to adding more authorized email senders going forward.
- Pair frame with your account
- Use the App as a remote control for your frame
- Delete Photos by using the Activity List.
To Delete Photos using the Nixplay Mobile App please refer to this KB article:
Let’s get started.
Launch the Nixplay Mobile App and tap the left top corner Menu
Tap Friends, Tap + Add Friend
- Enter a name
- Enter your friend’s email address
- Select your Playlist you want your Friends photos sent to when your friend sends you photos.
- Tap Send Friend Request. This will send a friend request to the friend’s email account so they can accept the invite to join Nixplay. If they are already a Nixplay account holder they will also accept your friend request in Nixplay.
You are now ready to add more friends or tap the Left corner Menu again and tap Home.
Send Photos to Playlists and Friends
How to send photos
- We will use existing photos on your device so Tap Camera Roll or Gallery
- You will then see photos and albums on your device. Select the photos that you would like to send. You may select up to 10 photos and the count will be down on the bottom part of the screen.
- Tap “Next” and the “Add Caption” page will be displayed. Tap on “Write Caption” and add the caption you’d like for the photos being sent. Tap Next.
- You will now be on the “TO” page.
- Playlists are on the top and Friends are down below.
- Simply tap on the right circle for any playlist of Friend.
- There is a circle on the line for playlist and that will select all your playlists, same with your friends. Note only the Friends who have accepted your friend request will appear on this page.
- After tapping the circle beside your playlist or friends, Tap “Send” in the top right corner.
- The upload task will begin. You can tap “Continue in Background” button so you would not have to wait for the photos to upload. You will now be at the Menu and you may choose new set of photos that you would like to upload and will be lined up on queue.
On the right corner you will see a Bell and a number of activities that are new. Tap the bell and see the latest photos sent, or friend requests in your feed.
Who should I send Friend Requests to? – You can send friend requests to people who have a valid email address and/or a Nixplay account.
How do I invite a person to share photos? – You would need to add a person as a friend to be able to share photos with them. You would be able to receive photos from friends as long as they have been added as a friend on your account but you can only send photos to friends with a Nixplay account.
How do I unfriend or remove a friend? – To remove a friend on the account using the App, you would need to go to Friends and tap on Edit. Tap on the Edit button that would appear beside your friend’s name and tap on Unfriend button.
How do I select or change which Playlists a Friends' photos go to? – To change the playlist on which a person is assigned to, tap on Friends and tap on Edit. Tap on the sit button that would appear beside your friend’s name and choose the playlist on the dropdown menu.
How many photos can I send to the frame at a time? – You can only send 10 photos at a time.
What does the "Optimize photos for faster upload" feature do? – It decreases the file size of the photo that you would upload, which would help you maximize the number of photos that you can possibly upload on your frame.
How do I know which of my Frames a Playlist will be displayed on?
How do I view my photos if I don't have a Frame? – You would need to log in to your account using the website and you may find the photos on the Albums tab. If photos were sent via email/mobile app, you would need to go to Albums > Mobile App and Email.
Can I send photos to more than one Playlist? – You can only be assigned to one playlist.
How do I edit the contents on a Playlist? – To edit the contents on a playlist, you would need to log in to your account using a laptop or a tablet and visit www.nixplay.com.
How do I know when someone has sent photos to me? – You would receive a notification. Tap on the bell on the upper right corner when at the home screen and you will see the new photos that your friends sent you.
How do I stop photos from a friend going to my frame? – Choose “Do not send to any playlist” under your friend’s name so they would only be saved on an album and would not display directly on the frame.
How do I change my password? – To change your password, tap on the hidden menu button (three lines at the upper left corner) and tap on the gear icon. You will see the Change Password fields. Type in the old and new password on the fields and tap on “Change Password” button