Nixplay frames can be physically placed in a landscape or portrait orientation. Your choice of placement may be based on how the majority of your photos and videos are oriented.
There are a number of frame settings that can enhance how your photos and videos are viewed depending on your orientation preference. These are listed under ‘Settings’ and ‘Transition’.
Under ‘Settings’ and ‘Transition’, you can:
- Fit to Screen which ensures that your full photo or video will fit inside the screen, irrespective of the orientation of the frame. Vertical or horizontal sidebars are likely to appear. However, within this transition setting, you can also opt to view black horizontal or vertical sidebars or blurred horizontal or vertical sidebars.
- Fill Screen which will fill the entire screen with your photo or video, with no sidebars – but cropping may occur.
- Pan and Zoom which moves the photo very slowly across the screen, revealing sections at a time.
- Tiles will automatically add a tile or collage effect to your photos
- Snapshot will automatically add a snapshot effect to your photos, adding a white border and digitally ‘stacking’ your photos on top of one another.