You can upload photos in JPEG, PNG, and TIFF file formats.
Using iOS devices, you can also upload photos in HEIC format. However, these photos will be transcoded to JPEG before they are uploaded to Nixplay Cloud.
HEIC format is currently not supported in Android devices. We are working on supporting this in the near future.
In general, MP4 file format encoded using H264 or H265 is supported. Other device models may also support MOV video file format.
Videos are transcoded up to 720p, 30 FPS and Mpeg4 video Codec before they are uploaded to Nixplay Cloud.
The recommended video format for newer devices (less than 5 years) are as follows:
- Format: MP4
- Codecs: H264, H265 [HEVC, AVC1, HVC1]
- Minimum resolution: 128 x 128
- Maximum resolution: HD 1080p
- Aspect ratios: 16:9
- Frame rate: 30 FPS
- Maximum bitrate: 20 Mbps
- Note: Slow-Mo videos not supported
- Live Photos are converted to static photos
- Older devices may not support the above settings
- Some devices will support additional formats and resolutions (e.g. iPhones & Samsung devices can support MOV, up to 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution, other aspect ratios)